Four Leaf Clover Crafts

Are you thinking about spring? 
I can't wait for warm sunshine and 
and no more snow. The snow has been pretty but 
I'm so over it. To welcome spring in a few weeks I made this cute cartoon 4 leaf clover.
 Isn't he adorable!
    To get started with this project you will need: 
burlap, markers, Mod Podge, scissors, glue and a paint stick.
Draw four hearts on burlap and color with a green magic marker. Here I used a valentine heart for the template.
 Paint the green burlap hearts with Mod Podge.
 I hung the burlap up to dry. I found the handle to my stove was the perfect place for the burlap to dry. 
It took about 20 minutes.
 In the meantime with a black marker 
I drew out a cartoon face for the clover 
and painted it with Mod Podge.
Cut out all your hearts and glue all the pieces together. I added extra burlap to the back to keep the clover petals together. I used a painter paint stick that I painted green for the handle. If you do leave the 4 leaf clover outside you will need to use an outdoor sealer on it. 
  Have fun placing the eyes on each clover. 
Here they are close.  
Here the eyes are far apart. 

Four leaf clovers are fun and easy to make. 
It's a great craft to do with your kids or grandkids. 

I just looked out the window and I see more snow flurries. Winter is not leaving anytime soon. 
What I do want to leave is my head cold. 
Happy Crafting! Stay Warm :-)
XO,
Dee

I'm Joining:




19 comments:

1CardCreator said...

So cute Dee, this really made me smile! Thanks for sharing the how to with us. ~Diane

Shug said...

This is really cute.....gonna have to give it a try.

Shirlee said...

He's adorable Dee. His cute smiling face gives hope that spring is soon to come.

Anonymous said...

Dee, this is adorable! I love the shamrock in the snow! You really made me smile seeing this! So cute!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

These are really cute! Made me smile

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very cute! We had a taste of spring last week- I am so ready for it to stay awhile!

The Checkered Apple said...

So cute Dee! Feel better soon!

Debbiedoos said...

Oh my gosh super adorable! Very clever too Dee! I may have to copy cat ya!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Dee,
You are such a talented lady with great humor too!
Love your four-leaf clovers.
Hugs,
Mariette

chateau chic said...

Hi Dee,
Your four leaf clover is so cute and perfect for March!
Thank you for your visit,
Mary Alice

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Very cute idea and easy. I love his smiling little face.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

such a cute and creative project.

Kelly said...

That is really cute! Maybe it will bring you good luck and make the snow quit falling.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

He's adorable.....Cold, but...Adorable

CArol

Bliss said...

I spy..... SNOW!

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

I pinned him, he is darling. I also see other options for other holidays. Too cute.

Art and Sand said...

So cute!

Our only nod to St. Patrick's Day is going to the next lane over for the Irish dancers and music - the whole street participates.

Poppy said...

Hi Dee,

He is adorable, budding and GREEN!! A colour we all long to see, soon, I hope!

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!

Poppy

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Now how could you not smile when walking up to a door and seeing that cute guy??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...