Candle Decals Water Slides


Decorate your candles quick and easy with 
 homemade water transfer decals 
from your laser printer.


All you need for this project is:  
  candles, clear packing tape, laser printer picture
 and a bowl of water.



Fleur-de-lis is a popular symbol and work so well in home decor.  Here are the ones that I just made.


It works well in black and white or color and size doesn't matter. You can make small transfers or large ones, they all look great.




It looks really nice with the flame lit and the light coming through the wax.


For this project you can use any clear packing tape. Just make sure to apply the tape to all the areas that you want to transfer. 
Apply the tape to the front of your picture.


 I like to cut around the tape close to the image. This will make your transfer look more professional. You should do this before you place the taped picture in the water.


It takes only a few minutes for the paper to get soft. Now rub off the paper. I like to do it while it's still in the bowl of water.


While still wet place your homemade waterslide decal on your candle. Dry with a soft clean cloth. That's all there is too it.


Depending on how much you handle the back of the decal it might loss some of its sticking power. I had that happen to this candle decal water slide. It was an easy fix! I just used a little bit of Elmer's clear glue. It worked like a charm.
 


You can use the decals right on the candles or you can place them on your glass votives. It's all up to you!



*Of course don't leave your candles unintended. Be sure to put the decals lower from the open flame of your lit candles or use a battery operated flameless candle.


Here are some of the fleur de lis that I used.


Have Fun Crafting!
XO,
Dee

I'm Joining:
Savvy Southern Style 
BeBetsy

38 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Those look awesome Dee!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice job, Dee. You can't go wrong with fleur-de-lis.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Awesome job! I don't have a laser printer but it looks like a nice project!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Dee! Love the DIY to the water decals.

Gail said...

How pretty Dee! I was just visiting you earlier to find out how to transfer to wood again. I need to run to Staples to have them print me a laser copy of my print. Enjoy your evening, Gail

Kelly (Seaux Southern) said...

Love these!! I think I'll have to try doing these in purple, green & gold~~It's Mardi Gras time and I think the Fleur de Lis, Comedy/Tragedy Mask or King & Queen Crown designs would look great on candles~~~love your projects!!

Gina said...

Oh wow, Dee! Those candles look fantastic. They look like you bought them in a charming little boutique!

Little Miss Maggie said...

That's sheer genius, Dee. I can't believe it works, but it's a great idea. I must try this.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love these Dee. I don't have a laser printer though.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

what a fantastic idea!!! looks great! I rarely use real candles anymore, too many small children running around :)

Karena said...

Dee a great idea especially since I love the Fleur de Lis design AND candles!

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Series

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Dee,
You are such a talented girl! LOVE these, they look so French.
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Vanessa said...

Hi, Dee

What a great idea! Love how this turned out and I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing and keep warm.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Kristie said...

What a clever idea! I really like this. I will have to try it on some of my candles. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Dee, these are great! I'd love to give this a try!!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Dee,

You have the prettiest candles! I am going to "pin" this for later use. You make it look so easy ... lol. Thanks for sharing this with us.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Dee, I have heard of this, but never seen it! It looks fabulous!

Carol

Jann said...

Oh, these look so beautiful~i think I could do this!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! I've never seen this done but it sure does look professional. I love the contrast of the black pattern you used. Very nice...I LOVE candles!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Love this idea, especially the fleur de lis. Now, we can decorate all of our candles. Thanks for sharing.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

So pretty. I love the black on the white candles too. Wonderful photos!

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

What a wonderful idea Dee! We must be on the same page with candles because I just put up a post on how to give them a faux flurry glittery look. Either it's the cold days we are now having that is attracting us to candle projects OR it's simply that great minds think alike!!!
Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!!!
XO Barbara

Unknown said...

Thank you Dee!!! This post is very useful! I pin it for later ;)
Bisous

Katherines Corner said...

little touches like this add so much style. love it xo

Jeannie Marie said...

I have already printed out your patterns! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Dee,
Love this idea. They really dress up a plain candle and makes them look expensive, too.
Pat

Debbiedoos said...

Those are sweet Dee! I love the fleur de lis.

Cottage and Broome said...

Great project! I have used that technique in collage but never thought of using it on candles. Have a wonderful week, Laura

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Dee this is SO cute and clever! I don't have a laser printer but I know you can take images to the local printer and have them printed up 'laser style' -- thanks for a great tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Dee, I just love this idea! You made it look so easy! Thanks for sharing the graphics! I'm have to give this one a try!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Dee, this is awesome! I was so delighted to scroll down and see the free images to use! Thanks. What a great tutorial. Love it! I am going to Joanne's today. I think I'll be getting some of the clear glue while I am there! Love this!
Karen

Laurel Stephens said...

Well this is just incredible and the best craft project I've seen in ages! Thanks so much for sharing the technique and the designs.

Anonymous said...

that is so clever and beautiful!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Such a great idea, Dee! I really need to get a laser printer- I'm getting tired of running out to the copy place. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea...pinned it for you!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Dee, your candles look fantastic. Thanks so much for the tutorial and the decals. You are brilliant, my friend!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

xo,
RJ

The Polka Dot Closet said...

HI Dee, just stopping in again to say hi! Thanks for stopping by, hope you are staying warm and having fun creating!

Carol

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

What a great idea and the candles look wonderful! I've used the tissue paper and hairdryer method to transfer images but never heard of using tape. Your way sounds a lot easier. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Sherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...