Jewelry Pins Also Used as Candle Pins

Take your earrings, pins and bracelets and turn them into a decorative detail for items in your home!
I'd like to show you today that jewelry, let's say old earrings, pins or barrettes can be used in other ways. With some simple changes you can dress up your pillows, candles or whatever you like. So here's how to do it....

Jewelry Pins Also Used as Candle Pins
Have you ever looked at hair barrettes and thought how they would make great looking jewelry pins.
I purchased the jewelry essentials with a 40 percent off coupon from Michaels Craft Store.
To get glamour 'BLING' .............. sometimes you need to use power tools.
This bad boy was used to grind down the metal backs on the hair barrettes. It's a Dremel rotary tool for grinding metal plastic and wood. You could also use a pair of larger wire cutters to clip off the old stuff on the back.
 I used 5 minute high strength epoxy by DEVCON. Just squeeze some out on a piece of old cardboard and mix for about 30 seconds. Now take a toothpick and apply some on the pin.
Barrettes turned into jewelry pins.
Here is one jewelry pin on my new pillow.
Three pins look twice as nice.
~ jewelry candle pin ~
 Change out your old jewelry and make them all pins. So that's my easy project of the day. I know you all have boxes of old stuff that is just waiting to become a new prize. Perfect for yourself or gifts of party favors.
Happy Crafting!
XO,
Dee
 If you my projects I would 'LOVE' your pins.
I'm Joining:

15 comments:

Donnie said...

That looks like a great idea. I never knew Michael's sold those things. I need to look around more. I have some of my mothers and grandmothers jewelry but the pin clasps no longer close. I could do this and wear them on my clothes again too. Thanks sweetie.

Debbiedoos said...

Adorable. I love embellishing things. To me everything needs a little something when done. So cute.

SPARROW said...

Great idea on the candles. I have a stash of old jewelry that would work perfect for this. Thanks for sharing.
Laurie

Susan said...

Love the candle idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jersey girl. I really like what you have to say about Jersey -- hair and all, smokey eyes. Your find here is quite unique. I have lots of this kind of jewelry -- already with the backs that way cause they are pins, you know what kind I'm talking about, don't you. Anyway, I'm gonna copy-cat. Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Terri,

Jersey is a fun state! 'We are known for our wacky ways.' lol

I've been changing over my grandmother's jewelry for quite some time.

Have fun ......... I like copy-cats!

Dee

rj said...

Dee your pin solution was perfect. Your pillows came out beautiful and to think you made them all by hand. I guess that friend of yours needs to get busy and finish that burlap runner so your sunroom will be done. rj

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Friend,

How's the runner coming along. wink wink.

Dee :-)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I hope you are all making these!

X0X0
Dee

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hi I jumped from the porch to the candle pins, what a great idea~ I want to lay on the sheep skin rug

Carol
Your newest follower

Heaven's Walk said...

LUV this craft idea! A little bling on pillow or candle = elegance and chicness! :) xoxo laurie

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

What a great Idea... I love this.. Hugs, Cindy

Vanessa said...

Hi, Dee

This is a great idea and love how your's turned out.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Vanessa

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Love this idea! After cleaning out my grandmother's home and discovering all her old clip on earrings, I have started using them as embellishments on napkin rings for my tablescapes. I'm going to try candles next! Thanks!

Jessica @ A Humble Creation

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool way to make some embellishments for various items in your home. Love the little bit of bling on the pillows!

Thanks for sharing it on your #simplybebetsy GALLERY!

The best to you as always,
Sharon and Denise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...