How to Make a Inexpensive Beautiful French Basket

I had this old basket for a long time. It was in that pile of "maybe I could use this someday". Well, today's the day. It was time for a French makeover. First, I  sprayed gray primer on the basket. Then I brushed over it with thinned down Annie Sloan  Old White Chalk Paint. I was careful to let some of the gray show through. 


Now for the fun part! I wanted a picture on the front of my basket. I used my woodworker's transfer tool on a scrap of fabric and transferred a French picture from my laser printer. The woodworker's transfer tool melts the toner off the paper and onto the fabric.
Watch the video on my sidebar, it's easy. The video teaches you how to use the woodworker's transfer tool. Plus you can buy the tool cheaply from Amazon if you don't already have one.


Cool Huh!
I just had to remember to mirror image my picture.
If I didn't the writing would be backwards.


Here is how the basket looked before. 


I added the French crown key and tied it on with twine. I made a ribbon rose with the same fabric and added silver buttons to finish off my French basket. 


The basket is nice and deep and will hold many decorating magazines.


See how easy that was. Now you can make your French style baskets. Give them away or keep them yourself. Either way, someone is going to be happy!

Thanks for stopping by!
xo.
Dee

I'm Joining:
Embracing Change 
Savvy Southern Style 
From My Front Porch To Yours 
My Repurposed Life 
Debbiedoos pin on pinterest

If you  my projects I would 'LOVE' your pins.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...