French Postcards

The french postcards I gave to my friend Mary. Mary is redoing her beautiful home with french country charm. We both enjoy ~ The Graphics Fairy ~  and I just knew she would love these postcards.
http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ 



 Mary is also a new blogger. She is a sweet person and had just retired. Mary is enjoying her new lifestyle. She loves to find treasures in all different places. Her best finds are from consignment shops, craigslist and curbside. Mary has a wonderful talent for making cards. I know she posted some on her blog.  Here is a pretty hydrangea card.

http://theretirednester.blogspot.com/2011/02/hydrangea-card-before-and-after.html

I started off with this frame and print.


I printed out the postcards from The Graphics Fairy with my laser printer. The paper needed more color so I aged it with black tea and paint.


Here's a good close-up.


I did the same painting technique to the frames by adding layers of color. I topped it off with a creamy white glaze. I also used a toothbrush to add some dark specks on the frame by flicking the toothbrush with a mixture of paint and water.


 I love the way they turned out.



I'm Joining:

No Minimalist Here
Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing


HouseofHepworths
Featured Here?







If you love my projects I would LOVE your pins;)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...