A Tour Around My Dining Room

The furniture is made by Henredon and is



all hand carved mahogany wood.


We bought the furniture when we closed on the house. It was a way to have everyone here for the holidays. We were pretty extravagant before having children. There would be no way we would buy something like this now.



 
The planter is from IKEA. I covered it in burlap - photo above.  The planter has wheels with a built in reservoir.

*Less watering and no mess!

(The plant is a Peace Lily)

I adore having the built in china cabinets.




The china cabinets were missing the knobs when we moved in. I added the round antique style knobs.




The breakfront is quite large and holds all my fine china.


I purchased the dishes at a consignment shop.

  I love the gold on the rims and cup handles.
 

Close-up of carved detail on top of the breakfront.


I went with drapery sheers on the windows. I did not want to add heavy drapes as seen in most English Tudors by me.


I like how the drapery sheers feel light and airy. They also show off my collection of Mottahedeh - Chelsea Birds.


 My husband bought the Chelsea Birds (plates) for me many years ago for Christmas. He added to my collection overtime. I have a pitcher and two vases that match.



The chandelier came with the house. I am not really fond of it. I did make it work. I used faux gold leaf on it and made the chain cover.

Before:

 ~ Gold Leaf ~


The bee shades I found at Tuesday Morning last year.


I love anything that has to do with nature...bird, bees, seashells, etc.


The clock was my grandparents. My parents had it in their home for years. One day my dad said it was mine. It made my day!


After my grandmother passed away I got her beautiful plates. I adore them and think of her every day. I love having sweet memories of loved one.


Grandma's plates are above my sunroom door.



Do you also decorate with plates?


The serving table is from Bombay. I sure do miss them. It was a great place to shop and find great gifts.


The rabbit door-stopper I found when we went to New Hampshire. There was a cute little shop with all decorative iron pieces.


I hope you enjoyed the tour.

Thanks for stopping by!
xo,
Dee

I'm Joining:
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...