Watercolor Pictures


When I saw these watercolor prints at a garage sale I knew I had to have them. They hung on my kitchen wall for a few years and started to look tired. It was time to update them with a French twist. So I painted the oak frames with Florence Chalk Paint. Then I added some Old White Chalk Paint to enhance the crevices of the frames and give it a bit more character. Next I used clear paste wax to give them a beautiful shine. I love the updated frames, so now it’s time to spiff up the prints with a Frenchy flair. So I popped the watercolors out of the frames and scanned them into my computer after brightening up the pictures. I added the French words Jardin and Fleurs (Garden - Flowers). I wanted the prints to stand out in the frames so I printed them bigger. Then I placed them back into my newly painted chalk frames. Magically the watering can prints are now French…..ooh la la!  A frenchy goodness finished project.






The French prints would also look great on tea towels. 


Enjoy!

I'm so happy to report my power is back on. Ya! 
I'm off to tackle the laundry :)
Thanks for stopping by!
XO,
Dee



Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...