When I saw these watercolor prints at a garage sale I knew I had to have them. They hung on my kitchen wall for a few years and started to look tired. It was time to update them with a French twist. So I painted the oak frames with Florence Chalk Paint. Then I added some Old White Chalk Paint to enhance the crevices of the frames and give it a bit more character. Next I used clear paste wax to give them a beautiful shine. I love the updated frames, so now it’s time to spiff up the prints with a Frenchy flair. So I popped the watercolors out of the frames and scanned them into my computer after brightening up the pictures. I added the French words Jardin and Fleurs (Garden - Flowers). I wanted the prints to stand out in the frames so I printed them bigger. Then I placed them back into my newly painted chalk frames. Magically the watering can prints are now French…..ooh la la! A frenchy goodness finished project.
I'm so happy to report my power is back on. Ya!
I'm off to tackle the laundry :)
Thanks for stopping by!